Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mexican Hill Richards to Coldspings April 11 2012





To day was a really short day at 44.3 miles plus 5 Bubba miles. So I got up at 7:00 am and went for a 5 mile run. It was a lot of fun to stretch my legs out and just run. There were a few hills along the way and it just made it more fun.

Breakfast was at 8:00 Am so I was a little surprised to see a lot of the riders leaving camp as I returned from my run. However breakfast had come out a little early and there was some fresh grapes. Luckily I got Don to save me a few, while I ran through the shower. There has been very little fresh fruit on this trip so I am sure everyone gobbled it up.

With everyone pulling out early I had to hurray to get on the road. Ken and I pulled out together and rode along together all day. It was a very nice ride as the road was very smooth and had low rolling hills. We went though the Sam Houston National Forest which was very beautiful. There were tall stands of pine forest which gave the road a very nice shade. We crossed Lake Conroy on a viaduct. Ken said they have a time share on Lake Conroy. I know I have looked at the time share along this lake many times.

Lunch was at this café called the Waverly Café but Ken and I sat there for 20 minutes and never got served so we left and went to the Valero as station and got a couple of hot dogs. They were great. We shared a gallon of ice cold bottled water which cost $1.09. Perfect!

Ken has contacted our old boss Bruce who lives only 20 minutes away and he is coming to pick us up for supper. I am really looking forward to having supper out and seeing Bruce as he is such a good uy.

Tonight’s camp ground is less than 50 feet from the highway and has only 2 showers (men & women) and two toilets. Hardly adequate for a tour group of 35 riders and 10 staff plus however other many people are in the campground. Needless to say that there is no hot water. At least there is internet and it is for only one night.

Terry

1 comment:

Agnes said...

Not a lot of pampering Bubba. . .