Friday, April 6, 2012

Kerrville Rest Day April 5 2012





It was so nice to have a day off. I laying bed until well after 8:00 am and when I did finally get up I found that our cook was making French toast. He had an interesting twist on it in that he added cinnamon. I normally add vanilla but he adds both vanilla and cinnamon. It was excellent.

Ken and Judy had a hotel room so they dropped in around 9:30 am and picked me up and we hit a Starbucks which was on the river so we sat and watched the river and drank coffee. It was so relaxing and tranquil. We made a quick trip to Walmart to pick up some supplies and then put the laundry into the machine at Ken’s hotel. I had wanted to put all of my riding jerseys and shorts into a machine and then hang them to dry rather than put them into the group laundry. Having a totally clean set of riding gear is great.

The highlight of the day had to be lunch which was at Buzzy’s Barbeque. This place has been voted the best barbeque brisket in Texas and the 7th best over all. We had the large brisket plate which probably had a pound of brisket on the plate. To say that it was the best brisket I have ever had would be such a poor description of how good it was. It just fell apart on your fork. It had a wonderful warm aroma. You just had to be there.

After lunch we hit the Western Art museum. It was a small gallery but had a great collection of artists and a lot of very nice bronzes. One of the pictures looked just like our bike mechanic and even though you are not allowed to photograph the picture I took one of it.

Ken, Judy and I did not join the group who were taking the staff out to a Mexican place but hit this small café which was rated four stars on Trip advisor. It was excellent.

What a great day

Terry

No comments: