Sunday, August 3, 2014

Aug 3 2014 Rest Day Niagara Falls Ont







The sound of rain falling on my tent woke me at 5:30 Am this morning. It wasn’t hard just a soft drizzle.  By 6:00 it had gotten a little louder and by 7:00 Am I had to get up anyway.   So I gathered up my stuff and headed off to find breakfast.   It looked like an all day soaker rain. The sky was one solid shade of gray. 

I went up to the Flying Saucer restaurant for a waffle and coffee.  It was also a good place to post the blog and catch up on e-mails.  There I met Wally, April and a couple of others.  We decided to head down to the falls and do the Maid of the Mist boat trip.  After all what trip to Niagara Falls would be complete without the boat trip.  

It was only a mile up the road so we walked over. By the time we got there the rain had quit and the sun was kind of half heartily shining.  We had been warned that it was a long line up but the rain had scared the crowds off and we walked right on.   The Maid of the Mist trip takes you right up to the base of the falls. The thunder of the water coming down is deafening.  It really is a wonder of the world.   There was lots of joking and laughing getting the ponchos on and we all really enjoyed the trip. 

After the trip Wally was intent on finding food and April and Derek want to see the horticultural center. I wanted to walk up along the escarpment and view the falls and go into the visitor center.  So we split up.

I walked back to camp to do some work on my mural/collage of rider pictures. 

Hopefully tomorrow isn’t so rainy as it is another ride day (only 12 ride days left and 900 miles). 

Terry

No comments: