Sunday, August 10, 2014

Aug 10 2014 Rest Day in Lake Placid







The music and wild parting carried on at the bar across the street until well after 2:00 AM this morning.  I am told there were a lot of police who finally broke it up around 3:00  AM. This resulted in me sleeping in quite late.  I don’t think I was out of my tent until well after 8;00 Am. 

I had several things to accomplish today so I had to get moving.  First things first and that was an omelette and coffee at a nearby café.   Wally and I decided at breakfast to walk around Mirror Lake which is located right in the middle of the town of Lake Placid.  The actual Lake Placid is just north of town.   It was a beautiful walk as it afforded views of the homes and lodges around Lake Placid. The Adirondack architecture is so unique.

After my walk it was time to do some shopping as today was Agnes’ birthday and it would not be right to come home empty handed or with an airport T-shirt.  Lake Placid has no shortage of shops selling back woods trinkets and Adirondack stick. After a few shops I found just the thing. 

So I am headed back to camp to finish my collage.  It is nearly finished and just a couple more hours of cutting and gluing will put this project to bed.  I spent 6 weeks taking rider pictures and wound up with 1400 pictures of which 700 were of riders.  The 700 were culled to 400 pictures which I then printed.  I knew I had more than I needed but I didn’t want to run out and I wanted some choose as I made the collage. So after hours of cutting and gluing I have my 26” by 54” master piece done.  There are roughly 280 images on the big picture.   It has been a huge hit with the riders. 

One last bike cleaning effort and then off  to supper. 

The final week is going to be great weather wise.  Tomorrow looks like 83 F and sunny with zero rain.  It is also only 43 miles and down hill.

Terry


1 comment:

Riona said...

Awesome idea (the collage)!
Im just catching up on your blog. What a great effort you made with the detail, etc! I can really picture a lot of it (well, the actual pictures help too....)