Friday, March 9, 2012

A Great Visit in Santa Barbra:


Jumping in the car for a 6 hour drive is never on top of my list of fun things however it even more fun if you have just run a marathon. Being doubled up in the car really made me stiff. Fortunately Agnes was behind the wheel and I was able to catch a little nap and that really helped. My brother had sent us directions as the Garmin cannot seem to find his place and even though it was dark the instructions were fault less and we drove right to his place.

My brother has this magnificent home in the hills over looking the ocean in Santa Barbra, so I was really looking forward to this visit. We don’t seem to get together very often so every visit is cherished.

While we were in Santa Barbra it was really nice going down to walk on the beach with your coffee in the morning. We also managed to get down to the Ronald Regan library. This was a really fun trip down to see the library and see how President Regan dealt with the issues facing him when he took office. The plane which Ronald Regan used as Air Force One is also housed in his library. Getting to go on board such a historic aircraft was exceptional.

Too soon we had to get on the road and head down to San Diego so that I could join the bike ride.

Thanks Bruce we had a great time.

Terry

No comments: