Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dateland to Gila Bend March 15 2012




It was another bright sunny day in the desert. It was only 54 miles down to Gila Bend so I was in no hurt to roll out of camp this morning. I rode down the rode and stopped to take pictures of the riders as they came past.

We were riding on the old interstate I-80 which is now a service road and it was really rough and broken. When the service road ran out we were on the I-80. There isn’t very much to tell as There were plants and birds and rocks and things. There was sand and hills and rings. The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz, and the sky with no clouds, And the sky with no clouds. The heat was hot and the ground was dry but the air was full of sound, which was mostly the sound of semi-trucks. I've been through the desert on a bike with no name. It felt good to be out of the rain. In the desert you can remember your name. Ok so I sole that part.

Lunch was in Gila bend at this Mexican Place called Sofi’s. Ken, Wallace and I sat there for close to three hours. Ken had turned on the misters and the ice tea was cold. Finally after all the riders had been through we rolled the last mile into camp. There isn’t much here except for an air conditioned rec room which has an internet connection.

It sounds like the food poisoning bug is still with the group. I am much better today but still feel a little upset. There are a number of others who are suffering big time. Bubba is pretty adamant that it is the riders fault for not washing our hands. I am not sure I agree as there has been a lot of hand washing.

Well time to head off to supper.

Terry

No comments: