Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Amazon Adventure Day 11 - A sea day

There is really nothing like a sea day. I was up early and hit the gym. Spent 2.5 hours on the elliptical this morning. It was great just pounding it out. The machine looks out over the ocean and you can watch the waves. During that time I talked to half a dozen people who can in to use the gym and stayed 0-5 minutes. I watched a rain storm blow across the ocean and pound down for about 20 minutes and then we were through it.

There are a huge number of handicapped scooters on the ship. “Sea Side Scooter Rentals” out of Ft Lauderdale really cleaned up. So at lunch time I am saying how amusing it was when one to the scooter gets high centered on one of the raised thresholds, on the ship most thresholds are raised to keep water out, but have little ramps for wheel chairs. Everyone at the table pooh-poohs my story saying that I am exaggerating. Fine don’t believe me! Then we head out from lunch and there in the door way to the lunch buffet is a senior in their scooter high centered. All four wheels in the air and just screaming! I laughed so hard I couldn’t believe it. Just part of the wonders of cruise travel.


Well tomorrow we are in Grenada. I hear that it was a hot bed of commies at one time.

Terry

No comments: