Tuesday, June 5, 2007


Newton's Third Law:




A body in motion tends to stay in motion. And today was no exception. Up early for a 10 km run, which was really fun. The wind was only blowing 4-5 mph and the sun was out. So a beautiful day for a run which took me down though the old downtown and historic homes. There are lots of turn of the century Victorian mansions, and running pass them though the tree lined streets was really special. Of course I put in my penance and did a little office work (3hr) and did a few chores. Then Jim and I headed off to see the town. We walked down and had lunch in the Kirby House which is a turn on the century Victorian mansion which is now a fine dining restaurant. Then into the Dwight Eisenhower presidential library and museum for a good solid 3 hr of museum touring. Ike really did a lot though his career as a soldier and as president. Not to stop there we hit the Greyhound Hall of Fame. I guess I was a little mistaken on my greyhound image as I had thought that greyhounds were much smaller maybe only slightly larger than whippets 30-40 lbs. However they had three greyhounds that now lived at the Hall of Fame and they are quite large maybe 70-80 lbs. Well maybe not something you would drive thousands of miles to see.
For supper we ate at the Brookfield Hotel which is world famous for it's fried chicken. The fried chicken dinner is the only thing on the menu. A large platter of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and creamed corn with creamy style Cole slaw is the dinner. It is served home style, where large platters of food are brought to the table and you just help yourself. It was a wonderful meal. Jim tells me that people around here will drive over 100 miles to eat at the Brookfield.

Today's picture is of me with the all time running champ of greyhounds. Sorry I can't remember his name. The pictures from the last nine riding days have been added to Webshots and are in a album called public shoe box which is some sort of default album I'll figure it out later in the mean time the link is : http://community.webshots.com/user/hot_biker
Thanks for visiting my blog and your comments
Terry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All-you-can-eat fried chicken, mashed potatoes, creamed corn and creamy coleslaw; a meal truly befitting a finely tuned athlete!! You'll work that off before lunch-time tomorrow. I see that you have just finished day 25 of the tour, halfway, time-wise, and Wednesday you hit halfway, distance-wise. Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

Terry, your must have posted your pics after I left my comment. It is pretty obvious how the landscape changes between New Mexico and Kansas. Kansas is beautiful. I think you need to go back to the Brookfield Hotel and get a pic of the fried chicken!! Thanks for the great blog and photos.

Anonymous said...

G'day Terry...finally caught up to you..been travelling myself. Glad to hear you are safe and enjoying yourself. You get full marks for determination. Been through some of the whistle stops you have and others I will live vicariously through your photos. Just forgot that a lot of the western USA terrain there is as dry and boring as you get inland here - why I've not taken any time to go to Ayers Rock - just flew over it last week though. I'll be winging it to Calgary sometime July so will have to make some time to catch up. Cheers Chuck