Sunday, August 14, 2022

Rest day Lake Placid NY August 14, 2022







Rest day Lake Placid NY

August 14, 2022

Even though today was a rest day there was still a lot on the “to be done list”.  The first order of business was to get the photo album finished, finding an ATM, get a little shopping done, which included buying myself a new t-shirt as my old Hawaiian shirt didn’t make it to the end, and cleaning the bike.

As the collage was finished yesterday I was able to put all of the remaining pictures into the album. The pictures were sorted so that the best photo of each rider was reserved for the album.  Duplicate photos were used in the collage. The photos of riders who are still on the ride, I have had each rider sign.  Then there are sectional riders who have left the ride and then there are the remaining photos of the rides.  The only thing left to do is print the photo of Greg in front of his van with the bikes on top which I took yesterday.  Having done this by 11:50 Am I headed downtown to hit an ATM, do my shopping and meet Bob for lunch.

Downtown chores accomplished it was back to the motel for bike cleaning.  I picked up a few beers to help with the task on the way home.  In a shady section of the motel lot Bob, Ken and I cleaned bikes told stories, and drank the beer. Being a beautiful afternoon it was great.

The tour jerseys which Bob has been coordinating have arrived and he is going to hand the out at supper tonight.  My thanks to Bob for looking after this. The jerseys look great and I will wear it proudly.

Tomorrow is the start of the last and shortest of all the segments. It is only 410 miles long.  It is hard to believe that the tour is almost over.

Terry 


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next rest day will be a long one, with a short to-do list. It seems to me that the last time I passed through Lake Placid (2017) there was construction around the old Olympic arena; looks like there still is. A perpetual construction site?

Best wishes for a safe and good ride to the end. Thanks for the blog, and keep up the good work.

Calgary Ken C.

Agnes said...

What a great day, looking forward to seeing the new jerseys. Ride safe.