Sunday, August 7, 2022

Rest Day Niagara Falls August 7, 2022



Rest Day Niagara Falls

August 7, 2022

I was prepared to lie in bed as long as possible this morning but that was not to be. The train which was less than 30 feet from the fence behind my tent went by at 5:10 ,  zippers were flying by 5:15, and so I was up by 5:30 am.  It was ok as there was lots to do. 

Number one priority was to head down to Walmart to purchase a photo album.  I was planning on using my photos to make a collage on the back door of the picnic van similar to the one I did in 2014.  The pictures have been printed for weeks now, but the poster board has not appeared on the back door. So, we are down to Plan B which is to put the pictures into photo album, have the riders sign the pictures and present the album to Greg as a retirement gift.   Aussie Bob and I set about sorting the pictures and selecting the best shot of each rider.  Turns out there were 53 different riders. Only a couple of the coast to coast riders were missed. In Walmart we found a really nice album.

Back in the KOA, set about doing the last couple of days blog which I was not able to do.  That done it was time for a nap. Not an intentional nap as I was sitting in my camp chair. When I awoke I see that Greg is putting up the poster board for the collage.  I guess I am doing both.  The rest of the afternoon was spent working on the collage.  So far it looks great.

Supper was in a really nice restaurant.

Terry 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good couple of rides to Niagara Falls, and a good day off. Congrats on your rider award. Well deserved, as I expect you have fixed a few flats this trip.

Enjoy your week's ride to Lake Placid.

Calgary Ken C.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and continuation of CTC adventure. Off to Colorado for cooler biking. Actually getting some rain here like you. Keep safe.
Jim H