Sunday, July 10, 2022

Rest day Devils Tower July 10, 2022






Rest day Devils Tower

July 10, 2022

Last night around 2:30 am there was a big wind storm.  I woke up to the tent flapping and was concerned that it was going to blow over.  So, I crawled out and hammered the tent pegs in a little more.  Back in my tent I lay there listening to the wind.  It was really cozy in the sleeping bag listening to the wind. 

This morning the weather is beautiful and the wind storm blew a bunch of the heat away.  This KOA is a very beautiful place. Green grass with huge cotton wood trees framed but red sandstone cliffs and the huge Devil’s Tower. Down on one end of the red cliffs are about 5-6 hawks riding the thermals.  The place is just alive with robins.  I caught a photo of one robin who had just nabbed a fat caterpillar for breakfast..  I am totally amazed by the size of the rigs in this place.  There is one trailer here which has three slide outs, two fold out porches and on one porch three gas appliances. It must be 50 feet long. 

Sunday chores have to be done.  The laundry, bike cleaning, catch up on the blog, do pictures and then work on rider pictures for the yet to be created collage.   Who knows maybe even an afternoon nap. 

While I am not totally sure but I think that I am going to start eating more as I seem to be losing weight.  I am having to tighten my belt.  How I am going to eat more is a good question. I eat a huge breakfast, picnic is 40 minutes of grazing a a table full of goodies,  a quart of chocolate milk post ride, a huge supper until I think I am going to burst, and then tent food after supper.

Next week is one of my favorite weeks of the tour as we ride through the Black Hills.  There is so much beautiful country.  The weather forecast looks very favorable as well with temperatures in the high 70”s and low 80”s.  

Terry  


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great travelogue and pictures. Better dealing with a windstorm in the middle of the night than aliens.
You must be in heaven being able to eat more and loose weight. As I recall I was able to double my calories and loose 10 pounds after eight weeks of riding. Enjoy the good weather and scenery.
I lead a group on a 6 am ride today. At 8:30 when we finished the road temp was 104 deg.
Jim H

Agnes said...

Relaxing laid back day. . . Ride safe tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember eating way more than I should and still losing weight. Maybe more ice cream and beer?

Needles highway and Mt Rushmore coming up next week.

Thanks for the blog, carry on and keep up the good work.

Calgary Ken C.

Judy Teague said...

Congratulations on finishing the first three weeks and hardest part of the ride
I love reading your blog and enjoy the beautiful photos.
Stay safe and strong,
Judy