Sunday, July 29, 2018

July 29 2018 Rest Day Ludington MI




Today was a nice quiet day.   Ken and I had splurged on a hotel room for our rest day and It was really worth it.  Getting to lie in bed late was the ultimate luxury. When we finally rolled out of bed it was close to 8:00 Am. 

We met up with Bob and went across the street to the local diner for bacon and eggs.  Lingered over several cups of coffee and told stories.  It was great.

As daylight was burning Ken packed up the laundry and headed off to do that while I under took the bike cleaning.  We had been on a gravel trail last week and the bikes were covered in grime.  My bike wasn’t too bad as I had wiped the chain a couple of times during the week but Ken’s was very encrusted. Ken’s pedals have been squeaking and so I cleaned and oiled them as well.  I hope that I have fixed it. 

We have not had pizza since we left home and both Ken and I have been craving it and as it happens there was a Pizza Hut just two doors down from the motel so we headed over for lunch.  The two of us cleaned up a large (18”) meat lovers pizza.  It was just what we needed to fill the pizza depravation we have had. 

In the afternoon I decided to jump in the pool.  It was so nice just floating around and I had the place to myself.  Then I sat for a while in the hot tub.  Finally I crawled out and lay on the lawn chairs around the pool.  I had every intention of finishing my book with less than 50 pages on what is an easy read.  When I looked at my watch it was time to get ready to go to rider meeting. Somehow I had read less than 5 pages in something like 2 hours.

Rider meeting and supper was down at the Old Hamil Restaurant in downtown so the van showed up to shuttle us down. The Old Hamil is an old time family run place with a wonderful buffet. Their homemade bread is the absolute best.

Such a lazy day I only took a couple of pictures.

Tomorrow is an 95 mile ride.  However Ken Bob and I are going to ride straight down the main road saving about 10 miles and cut off a bunch of the hills and cross checked side roads. 

Terry hot biker

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah rest days, they're the best. No reason to feel guilty. Good riding tomorrow.

Judy Teague said...

A well deserved rest day...enjoy this week...Canada, here they come😉🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on six weeks gone, three to go!! I remember Ludington being so humid it was hard to get the laundry dry by Sunday night.

Canada Ken C.