Sunday, July 15, 2018

July 15, 2018 Rest day in Pierre Sd





Today was a much deserved rest day.  However as there are no curtains in the rooms at the Indian Learning Center here in Pierre South Dakota Ken and I were awake at the usual 5:00 am time.  However I lay there until around 6:00 am.
Ken and I had bought some junk food for breakfast this morning so we snacked on that and laid bout.
The weather has changed dramatically from the blazing hot to cloudy and rainy so there wasn’t any real incentive to jump up and do something.  At 9:30 one of the mechanics was doing some errands so Ken and I jumped in and went with him to get coffee.  We walked back and watched the World Cup Soccer Match final in the common room.
I finished and posted yesterday’s blog and had an afternoon nap around noon. 
In the afternoon the sun came out for a spell so I washed and oiled my bike. 
The group supper was another course of lasagna.  I think that brings the lasagna count to 5 or 6 out of 24 meals and the total pasta count to close to 10.   Personally I think everyone should eat lasagna at least once every couple of years. 
The rest day was perfect. Nothing to do but lay low and get some rest.  Absolutely perfect.
Tomorrows ride is 89 miles with a 1750 feet of climb.  I am taking the short cut which will reduce the ride to 71 miles and the climb to 730 feet.  Somehow riding extra miles in extreme heat or riding three sides of a square just doesn’t add up in my book.
Terry hot biker

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A rest day and carbo load on an overcast day. Sounds like something I could do!