Sunday, July 22, 2018

July 22, 2018 Rest Day Northfield MN









I didn’t stir from bed until 6:40 AM this morning.  Sleeping so late made me feel guilty that I had missed the morning.  Well maybe not that guilty.   However there were a lot of chores to do and I knew I would have to get moving to get them accomplished.
First order of business was finding breakfast and as the college is in recess there was nothing open on campus.  I did find a place about 6 blocks away which was open so my favorite breakfast of pancakes was ordered.
I had promised to help Mal fit his new ground sheet to his tent.  While Mal was setting his tent up I rounded up scissors, and even found a grommet setting kit from the other Canadian Ron.  I had my tent and ground sheet out to dry during this operation.  Mal’s ground sheet fitted, cut and grommets installed. I decided my ground sheet needed extra grommets in it so I put a few extra into it.  The grommets are useful to put a tent peg into during windy conditions.
Bike cleaning and oiling was the next order of the day. All the miles have covered my bike and in road grime. The chain was just covered in grease.  So it was a big job. 
Chores out of the way left me with what I worked so hard for; wandering around St Oalf’s Campus.  It is one of the prettiest places.  Huge oaks tower over the beautiful grounds which have these o so comfortable Adirondack chairs. Finding a nice shady spot I enjoyed my lunch of Spicy Thai Tuna which I found in the campus book store.  It didn’t take long before the afternoon nap came on.   I was actually surprised when I looked at my watch to find an hour and a half gone.  A local squirrel came by and posed in front of me.   I guess he was wondering why I was here when no one else was.
Supper in the campus cafeteria, rider meeting and then group photos rounded out the day.
I just love days off.
Terry hot biker

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember, from 2014, St. Olaf's College in Northfield being one of the nicest weekend stops; beautiful campus, nice dorms and a great cafeteria.

Five weeks down. Enjoy Wisconsin next week.

Canada Ken C.

Ted said...

Terry, you look so happy in that Adirondack chair.

Ted

Gail said...

A satisfied grin in that Adirondack chair. Beautiful campus too. Glad you even took time for a nap. Nice recovery day!