Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Pre-ride blather June 15

It was bright and sunny when we got up in Pasco this morning. We had taken a Best Western hotel and we had a great breakfast in the morning. Bacon, eggs, toast and fresh fruit. So we were on the road by 9:00. It was only a 4 hour drive down to Portland so were had an easy day.

I was really surprised at how windy it was in the Columbia River. The wind had whipped the river into a 4foot high chop. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised as the valley is totally lined with windmills. Driving into the wind was hard enough as the car only got about 15 mpg, I was glad I wasn't on my bike. The big rigs were having a tough time as well as you could see that the trailer were offset by a couple of feet. By time we got into Portland the sun was gone and had been replaced with a pounding rain.

Agnes and I meet my brother and his wife at their condo where we are staying for a couple of days.

Well enough blather for one day more tomorrow.

No comments: