Friday, June 17, 2022





On The Way

June 17, 2022

This morning it was cloudy and rainy when I got up, which meant that it would be very rainy and foggy on the drive over to Abbotsford, and possibly even snowy.  It is kind of late in the year for snow but the mountain pass is quite high. 

Barry’s wife Fran had agreed to drive Barry and I down to Everett WA to meet up with the Cycle America tour.  They were dropping their dog off with Agnes to look after while she drove us.  Barry and I had loaded bags and bikes yesterday so it was a simple matter of dropping the dog and me jumping in the car.  I choose the back seat as I had planned to sleep.

It wasn’t snowing in the pass but there were still big piles of snow in the forest.  There seemed like a lot of traffic but I was napping so I can’t say for sure.

We stopped for lunch at a little coffee shop in Hope where Barry ran into two fellows who worked for him before he retired.  What a small world.

We arrived at our hotel and I went for a little walk and took a few pictures.  The flowers are in full bloom and everything is so green from all of the rain. 

Tomorrow we will cross the border and meet up with the Cycle America tour.   It is going to be interesting to see how many of the riders I know. 

Terry 


 

2 comments:

Agnes Wiechert said...

Is that a carefully preserved AMC Pacer I see?

earnie said...

Terry,

Curious about the hoops you will have to jump through to show you are properly vaccinated. The Boy Prince is twice vaxed and twice boosted and now, twice infected! So is it safe for those of us in this country to let you in? If not, just use the southern border!

Has Texas Ken made his escape from Europe?

Later,
Earnie