Saturday, November 28, 2009

Amazon Adventure Day 6 ' The first Day at Sea

Amazon Adventure Day 6 – The first at sea day

With all the food aboard a cruise ship it wouldn’t seem right to not eat your fill and then some. You know that you are getting enough to eat if your weight gain is about one pound per day of the cruise. The best way to be able to make sure that you are getting the proper amount of “and then some” is to hit the gym. So I was up at 7:00 and off to the gym. In the gym I hit the elliptical trainer and turned it up to maximum tension and started off. After 90 minutes I had worked up a health appetite. The machine said I had burned off 1500 calories, so I figured that should be good for and extra breakfast.

Jim had brought this book called “Leisureville” by Andrew Blechman, for me to read. So I found a deck chair, put on some sun tan lotion, turned on the IPOD and settled down to read it. It is about life in 55+ age restricted active adult community. It documents the Florida retirement scene and all the wife swapping etc that goes on. Unbelievable is the only way to describe it. Some how I don’t think I am quite there yet. Naturally I fell asleep in the sun and awoke with a sun burn on one foot and on my belly button, where I missed putting suntan lotion. Ouch!

Being American Thanks giving it was the first of the formal nights on the cruise ( there are a total of 25). The dinning room was all decorated and it was lots of fun. I had a great Rib Eye steak rather than turkey. It was done perfectly.

We later enjoyed the first of the on stage performances. It was called “Europa A Tribute To Travel In Europe” . Although the singers and dancers did very well I thought it was somewhat uneven.

We set our clocks ahead so I better get to bed.

Terry

No comments: