Sunday, June 24, 2018

June 24, 2018 Rest Day in Missoula








I had a tough time getting to sleep last night and in fact only got a few hours.  You would think that being in a real bed in a dorm would be better than my cot in my tent.  However I find that I sleep better in familiar surroundings and in a familiar bed.  All that said I am armed with a bottle of milk which I will warm up before bed to night and an aspirin.  Warm milk and an aspirin and I am usually out before a count of ten.
It was a pretty low key day which was the plan and it worked out very close to plan.  Walk down to the local coffee house and have coffee and a simple breakfast.  Mission accomplished.  Set tent up to dry in the sun after the big rain storm.  Mission accomplished.  Go to the grocery store and get a bottle of milk and some candy for eating in the tent after supper. Mission accomplished.  Lay down for a nap.  Mission accomplished.  Drop my bike with the mechanics to have it washed, lubed, and tuned (the front derailleur seems to be jumping the middle ring).  Mission accomplished.   Walk down to the local burrito store for a lunch of burritos. Mission accomplished.   
I think that pretty much wraps up a relaxing day in Missoula.  Things I did not do include climbing the big hill behind the campus to the big white “M”,  Cleaning my own bike,  Doing laundry as I had actually done it on Saturday.
Not much has changed here in Missoula since I was here last in 2014.  The dorm is the same and the down town is totally unchanged.  There does seem to be a lot of street construction, with detours everywhere.   The only thing which looked different was that the Missoulli river was running very high.
Tonight is the organization meeting for the second week.  These kick off meetings always seem to take forever.  This week is only 456 miles as compared to the 602 miles last week so it should be much easier.
Terry hot biker



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a quiet Sunday with no high drama. You deserve it, but the exciting adventure does make for fun reading. Wishing you a calm week.

Jim said...

Jim here seeing if google recognizes me after I posted the first comment that came out unknown😊

Milly said...

Ok... sounds good...
Great to be following you!
All the best😎
M

Anonymous said...

Terry, sounds about right for a rest day. Mission accomplished. Next week: Mission Montana. Have a good week. Really enjoying the blog, once again.

Canada Ken C.