Saturday, June 16, 2018

June 17, 2018 Everett Washington






June 17, 2018  Everett Washington

This morning Agnes and I drove down from our hotel in Chilliwack BC to Everett Washington where the meet up location was for the start of the Cycle America Coast to Coast ride.   To say I was excited would be a total understatement. 

It was only 100 miles from the hotel down to the Everett Boys and Girls club where we are staying.  However it seemed like it took forever.  The short 20 minute line up at the boarder was a life time.  A couple of phone calls from Ken Teague and we were organized to meet him and go for lunch.  It was really a blast seeing my long-time friend.  To think that here we are doing a coast to coast bike ride together after having worked together in the 1980’s is just incredible. 

After lunch, Agnes dropped Ken and I off and she was off to visit one of her sewing friends from Trilogy. Ken and I found a camping spot out in the back and set our tents up.  It was fun getting everything set up and figuring it all out. 

We were among the first in so we were able to meet the other riders as they arrived.  It looks like a much smaller rider this year with only 22 cross country riders and something like only 18 sectional riders the first week.  I was surprised at how many of the riders I knew from other rides.  I think there are 8 or so of the 40 riders I have meet before and at least 6 of them are going all the way.  

Tonight is the first organizational meeting so I wanted to get my blog posted as it always runs late and luggage loading is at 6:15 Am tomorrow.  Luckily it is a short day of only 68 miles. 

Terry

1 comment:

Jim said...

Looks like you are all set to go. Great connecting with buds from earlier rides. Know Sunday will be a fun ride in the sun😊🚴🏽‍♀️😊