Friday, September 22, 2017

Sept 22 2017, Rest Day Caldas de Rainhas










 
Sleeping in was really nice this morning.  Liam has put together a real whirlwind tour and it was great to just be able to lay in bed.  It was well past 9:00 am before I was out of bed.  I was awake earlier but lying in bed an picking up my book to read for a bit was a real luxury.

There had been a problem with the hot water tank so Liam had arranged to have the plumber come to check out the hot water tank.   The gas to the tank is supplied off a large propane tank which serves all of the condos in the development and it looked like the tank has not been filled so the pressure was low.  The plumber bled the lines and got the system running which was great. 

After a leisurely breakfast and a nice hot shower I fought the urge to lay down for a nap.  Instead I pulled a chair into the sun and did some reading.  I am reading a Michael Crighton novel called Rising Sun.  It is kind of dated and not quite the page turner he normally puts out.   However it a is pretty easy read and nothing better on an easy day.

This afternoon Liam and Suibhan headed off to do some shopping so I pulled the bikes out and cleaned the bikes.  After the long hard ride up Pico de Veleta and the long drive back they were covered in road grim.   We had taken the seats and bags off the bikes for the drive back so in addition to cleaning there was some assembly to be done.  Bikes are now cleaned and the chains oil. 

Liam and I spent a couple of hours sitting in the sun enjoying a couple of bike stories and sipping a few beers.  It was a very nice enjoyable talking about rides we would like to do.  A circumnavigation of the Iberian Peninsula was the favoured ride. Maybe in 2019. 

Suibhan made a wonderful baked salmon for supper.

I didn’t take pictures today.  In fact I didn’t even take any pictures.  So I have posted some pictures from other days

Terry







No comments: