Thursday, September 21, 2017

Sept 21 2017 Cordoba to Liam’s













Today’s photos are a collection of night shots from our evening out in Cordoba and playing with the camera in the backseat. Last night was a really fun evening spent in a typical Spanish restaurant getting totally stuffed with an amazing collection of tapas.  The walk back across the river to the hotel in the warm evening air was very nice and the lights on the old town and bridge were very pretty, so I have included some of those shots.  
We had a 550 kms journey home this morning from Cordoba.  Even though it was mostly on the freeway it was still a 6.5 hour travel time journey.   As we wanted to be home at a reasonable time and didn’t want to have too stressful a journey we were down to breakfast at 8:00 am and packed up and on the road by 9:00 am. 
Like all good car journeys it was pretty uneventful.  Liam and Suibhan did a masterful job of navigating us out of the city of Cordoba and down the freeway. 
As for Agnes and I, we had the easy job of napping in the back seat.  I played with my camera and took a lot of pictures of things along the way.  This is the beauty of digital cameras.  You can take a lot of pictures that you would never do with a film camera.  
In Europe when you order a coke and you get one bottle with no ice and I had been thinking that I would like to go to a place which had a soda fountain with North American style unlimited soda and ice.  Later on we stopped at a mall along the way and went in and had a burger for lunch and they had a soda dispenser with unlimited refills which is quite unusual.   I made sure to tank up on Coke.  Of course I had to take a lot of heat about how far down the road we would get before a pit stop was required.   In the end it wasn’t me that made the call for the pit stop so I was vindicated.
I think everyone was glad to be home and everyone is looking forward to a sleep in day. 
Terry    

No comments: