Thursday, March 2, 2023

March 2 2023 Vigo

 Greetings from Vigo Spain

It was up bright and early this morning in Phoenix as Agnes was driving me to the airport for an 11:05 flight.  However as you have to arrive at least a couple hours early and we were heading to the airport in rush hour we were up early.  

The first leg of the flight was to Philadelphia which was a 3.5 hr flight.  However because of a glitch between British Airways and American Airlines I couldn't pre book a seat so I was in the center seat.  The good part was I caught about an hour and a half nap.  

In Philadelphia I was hurrying to my get an one of the carts pulled up and said jump on.  I said "Punch it Chewy". And he did!  We just flew between terminals.  He was honking his horn and laughing.  On the plane I really lucked out and got an asle seat with nobody in the center seat.  I couldn't have gotten a better seat. Although I wasn't able to get some sleep it was a good ride.

In Madrid I was clearing customs and there wasn't much of a line so cruised straight to security where I was the only one there.  However I still got the full treatment.   In Madrid I boarded an ancient old plane to Vigo. Luck was with me again and I got a window seat for the short flight. 

Upon arrival a very nice lady can drive shot me down to the hotel at break neck speed.  I was sure glad to check in and have a room to have a nap.  There is a supermarket across the street so I got some snacks.

It looks like my little laptop is not going to work so blog on the phone.  No pictures today but will get some tomorrow. 

Terry 






4 comments:

Jim said...

You are off and running. Missed an inch of rain here. Keeps warm and dry.
Jim

Cynthia Owen-Bergland said...

Sounds like you had a pretty smooth trip. I will be following along for sure and cheering you on!

Anonymous said...

Terry, glad you are in and safe. First hurdle overcome. Thanks again for the hospitality in Peoria. Earnie

Agnes Wiechert said...

Was unable to post using phone, hoping my laptop works!
Agnes